Tuesday, December 16, 2008

An Ornament

Before the Gina K release party this month Melanie issued a challenge based on her new stamp set called 'Hand in Hand'. You were supposed to make a card, 3D project of scrapbook page that reflects a memory of yours. Well after thinking it over I wanted to share with everyone a story about my Mom and my Grandma. Nine years ago my Grandma passed away and one of the things she left my Mom was a very pretty ornament and an Angel that my Mom adored and always put on the Christmas tree. Well two years ago the Angel broke, it some how slipped from the very top of the tree and she has not had the heart to replace it with another angel yet, instead we now use a star at the top of the tree. I know that every time she looks at the ornament that we still have she thinks about my Grandma, I know it makes her feel like she’s with us somehow in that ornament. This year my Mom has only asked for one thing for Christmas from each of us, she wants an ornament for her Christmas tree, so I am trying at the moment to find one that in some way will be as special as my Grandma's ornament. I think I will find an ornament that she loves, and when I do I plan on giving it to her with this card. Thank you for reading and looking.
Stamps: the Magic of Christmas from Gina K; Paper: BasicGrey Figgy Pudding DP, Whisper White, Baja Breeze, Going Grey; Ink: E50 Egg Shell, G24 Willow, W5 Warm Grey No. 5, Y17 Golden Yellow; Accessories: Me and My Big Ideas crystal, Silver gel pen

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin