Friday, December 12, 2008

Hip Hop Hangover!

Once again it is Friday and time for Hip Hop Hangover! Another wonderful Thursday at the Unity Forum has come and gone and I once again had a blast chatting and creating. This week Jeanne had two more wonderful challenges to try out that I was able to play along with. The first challenge was to create a two layer card (one layer is the main image) with a Christmas theme. So what I did to begin was go through my Unity stamps and see what my options were, I ended up picking this cute tree stamp call Trinity Trio and I just love how it worked out. I tore the edge of the paper and added a little color to it, plus I stamped the same image on the base of the card and finished it off with some metallic ribbon and a spica glitter pen.

The second challenge of the day was to create a card with bling or baubles so I decided to use one of the stamps I got from my last order. This image comes from the set called Delectable Delights and it features some sweet treats! I thought this image would be a lot of fun to try out, I colored it in to look like different flavors of ice cream and then layered it on some scalloped circle punched. I love the cream and dark brown combination and I think it worked well with the pink addition. I added some bling in the four corners and used a spica glitter clear pen to make the entire ice cream cone shine. Hope you have a great Hip Hop Hangover! Have a great day!
2 Layer - Stamps: Trinity Trio from Unity; Paper: Glorious Green, Whisper White; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Glorious Green, G24 Willow, YG03 Yellow Green, R27 Cadmium Red, YG63 Pea Green, G05 Emerald Green, YG23 New Leaf; Accessories: Pop Dots, May Arts Metallic Organdy Ribbon

Ice Cream Bling - Stamps: Delectable Delights from Unity; Paper: Cream, Dark Chocolate, Pixie Pink; Ink: E33 Sand, E47 Dark Brown, RV11 Pink, RV14 Begonia Pink, Y08 Acid Yellow, YG09 Lettuce Green; Accessories: Me and My Big Ideas crystal, pop dots, Mavry Mega Scalloped Circle Punch, Mavry Giga Scalloped Circle Punch, Spica Clear Glitter Pen

3 comments:

Jacqueline said...

Great cards!!

Unknown said...

Jackie these are GREAT!!!! Love the background you created on the Christmas one!

Sara Henton said...

Really nice cards, I especially like the ice cream one

Blog Widget by LinkWithin