Friday, December 5, 2008

Hip Hop Hangover

Its time for another Hip Hop Hangover! Every Thursday Unity hosts Hip Hop where there are all sorts of prizes, stamp specials, a blog hop and two challenges. I had to much fun yesterday chatting with the ladies in the members forum on SCS and I got the chance to create two cards for the Hip Hop card challenges. The first challenge that Jeanne issued was to create a card using a sentiment as the focus of the card, I decided to use the Act Like Royalty stamp as my main focus. Then to spice it up I used hot pink and black plus this fun Rock Star DP, and of course what card would be complete without bling and primas!The second card challenge was to create a card with gold on it, in anyway. Now I'm not really a gold person, I am really more of a silver person then anything else, but I do have some gold supplies. I dug out my Rock Star DP again to use the paper in my background plus I pulled out my gold embossing powder. I really like the Growing in Unity stamp set and the main tree from the set I thought would be perfectly beautiful in gold. So I assembled a card and even added some lovely large gold brads to finish it all off. Hope you enjoyed today's Hip Hop Hangover, and if you have never been to a Unity Hip Hop you really should stop by, its hours of fun! Have a great day!
Royalty-Stamps: Act Like Royalty from Unity; Paper: Pixie Pink, Whisper White, Basic Black, Rock Star DP; Ink: Pink Passion; Accessories: Making Memories Med Crystal Brads, Prima Got Flowers and Flower Tin
Golden Unity-Stamps: Growing In Unity from Unity; Paper: Certainly Celery, Burnt Sienna, Whisper White, Rock Star DP; Ink: Versamark; Accessories: Gold Embossing Powder, Big Gold Brads, Pop Dots

5 comments:

Christi Flores said...

Gorgeous cards!!!

Unknown said...

These are both so pretty! The papers and colors are so perfect! Great job!

Lee said...

Very pretty!

Angela said...

Those are both really great cards.

arlsmom aka Lynda said...

Wonderful cards!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin