Monday, December 15, 2008

Faux Tearing

Happy Monday all! Time to share another Pretties creation! This was my first card using the Stamp of the Month for January Gliding By. At the last Pretties release party Charmaine challenged everyone to create a card using the faux tearing technique, I had never tried this one out and I had a lot of fun. I stamped the snowflakes from the newly re-released Snowflake Kisses stamp set in VersaMark and then embossed the images in Vanila SU! embossing powder. I then used the faux tearing technique on the same paper and layered the background paper on some blue and white cardstock. I used my Nestabilities for layering Sophia on some bashful blue paper and I also shifted the image so that she was off centered on the oval. I finished the card off with some sheer metallic ribbon and lots of frosted lace stickles. I had so much fun trying this technique and using this image for the first time. If you have never been to a Pretties party be sure to stop by and join all the fun on the next one, you will have a blast! Have a great day everyone, thanks for stopping by!
Stamps: Gliding By, Snowflake Kisses from Paper Pretties; Paper: Whisper White, Bashful Blue; Ink: E00 Skin White, E97 Deep Orange, C1 Cool Grey No. 1, B14 Light Blue, Pacific Point; Accessories: White Embossing Powder, May Arts Metallic Silver Ribbon, Frosted Lace Stickles, Regular and Scalloped Nestabilities

3 comments:

Jessica Diedrich said...

LOVE this! What a cool technique and I love the wintery colors~!

Christi Flores said...

This is SO sweet!!! Love this color combo!

Jessie/knightrone said...

This is so cute Jackie!!! I love it!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin