Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Singing Magnolias

I posted a Magnolia creation this weekend from the Club Kit that I signed up for the entire year. The summer Kit came with 6 angles and all sorts of stamps to create a surrounding environment, and I just had to use another one! This one is called Guitar Edwin and I just love him! I wanted to go for a masculine card with this one, we can't have Edwin looking all girlie! So to do that I pulled out my Basic Grey paper and found my Archain 6x6 paper pad...I love that too! The entire pad is full of prints that are more neutral or masculine than girlie, which I definitely need guy cards. I used two different techniques to shade Edwin's shirt to show the difference between the two, the sleeves of his shirt are shaded with two colors after the first color has dried, where as the body of the shirt was shaded while the first color was still wet on the paper. Depending on which you use determine the look you get on the paper while using Copic markers. I've been testing out techniques with these markers as I get to use them more and I am loving all the different things I am discovering. I hope you enjoy seeing another new stamp from Magnolia Stamps, these stamps are just sweet and I had to give in, I am horrible at that if you couldn't tell.
Stamps: Guitar Edwin from Magnolia Stamps; Paper: Old Olive, Whisper White, Creamy Caramel, Basic Grey Archaic DP; Ink: E00 Skin White, E31 Brick Beige, E50 Egg Shell, G24 Willow, G28 Ocean Green; Accessories: Large Scalloped Rectangle Nestabilities, May Arts Caramel Satin Double Stitched Ribbon
Blog Widget by LinkWithin