Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Pretty Bow Tutorial

Last night was the Paper Pretties release and Pajama Party and we had a blast! Towards the end of the night we go to talking about making bows and how hard it can be to get the perfect bow every time.I posted last weekend that my SU! Demo taught us last Saturday night how to create a perfect bow every time by using a fork, so I promised to post a tutorial on the technique....so here we go!First you need a four pronged fork and a long piece of ribbon. Wrap the ribbon around the fork, prongs pointing towards you.Then take the left side of the ribbon and pull it over the fork, then pick up the right side piece and thread the ribbon through the center two prongs over the piece of ribbon.Next pull it tight, and move the ribbon up on the fork. Then thread the piece of ribbon left on your side through the center two prongs, under the piece of ribbon already threaded through the two center prongs.Flip the fork over so that both ends of the ribbon are pointing towards you. Then take both ends and tie a knot, tightly.Once you have adjusted your bow and sides so the ribbon lays straight slip the bow off of the fork. Trim the sides to the appropriate length and attach to any card! Simple, and after a few tries you learn pretty quickly. I think its a neat way to get a smaller bow, but beware of the width of your piece of ribbon, if it is too wide the fork may be too small. Be sure to stop by tonight for my card for the Wednesday Pretties Challenge and stay tuned over the next few days I will be posting my Pajama Party creations!

5 comments:

Joani McDonald said...

OMGoodness! Thank you! I "found" this tutorial the other day, then "lost" it! My Mom can never make a bow & this will help.
THANK YOU!!!
Hugs,
Joani

Donna Baker said...

that is PRETTY COOL! tfs

Unknown said...

Very neat Jackie! Thanks for sharing this! :)

expatmom (Colleen H.) said...

That's really interesting....I can't believe I haven't seen it before! :)

Danielle L. said...

Thank you thank you for posting this Jackie!! Now I will have to start using bows on my cards all thanks to you! :)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin