Thursday, November 28, 2013

Happy Thanksgiving & Simply Betty Stamps November FB Challenge!

Today is Thanksgiving Day in the States and I couldn't think of a better way to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving! I wanted to share with you a card I made using the fabulous freebie image for the Simply Betty Stamps FB Group Challenge for November! Each month Betty at Simply Betty Stamps allows members of the FB Group to enter a contest using a freebie image. How could you go wrong with playing along!

This month we had a choice between two fabulous images to work with and I decided to use Little Indian Betty! The challenge for my selected image was to use feathers on my card in some way. I searched for some paper in my stash that had feather and found none so I settled on this designer paper with leaves in the background and I dug out my old beads and bead loom where I keep my stash of feathers. I picked two feathers that I thought complimented the rest of my card. I also tried to create a darker skin tone, which didn't come out as I had planned, but overall I think the other elements of the card distract you from the odd skin creation.

Thank you so much for checking out my creation today, I had so much fun with this challenge. I hope you have a great day!
Stamps: Little Indian Betty from Simply Betty Stamps; Paper: Whisper White, Dark Chocolate, Kraft, Doodlebug Designs Happy Harvest; Ink: E01 Flamingo, E71Champagne, N3 Neutral Gray No. 3, E17 Reddish Brass, YG09 Lettuce Green, Y35 Maize, YR68 Orange, E13 Light Suntan, R24 Prawn; Accessories: Organdy Striped Ribbon, Pop Dots, Feathers

2 comments:

Betty Boo! said...

Jackie I love this! You did an awesome job with the coloring, the feathers, everything!

Chris Dring said...

What a fantastic card Jackie! The background paper compliments this image so well!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin