Saturday, August 25, 2012

Sassy Studio Designs August Release!

Good morning and welcome to the Sassy Studio Designs Vicious Villain Honeys Release and Blog Hop! We are releasing some amazing images today, all of who are Villains! That's right, it's time to bring out our 'bad' sides and create! You are going to love this release, in fact you are going to need every villain and their corresponding honey image (if we have one!)!

If you arrived here from Starla, you are on the right track! If not, head on over to the SSD Blog so you don't miss out on any of the fun!

For my card today I got the joy of working with the villainous image, "Maleficent" from Sleeping Beauty! I just loved this image when I saw it, but to be honest, she is SO intimidating. I mean look at her! Does she look happy and sweet? I wanted to create a creepy card, but I also wanted to stay true to the character so for my sentiment, I used one of her memorable lines to me from the movie. In fact she practically yelled this line, but it was a wonderfully wicked moment in the film.

Today we are also asked to share what our favorite Disney movie is and MAN was that a hard question to answer! I am going to say that Anastasia is my favorite, I don't know what it is, but the music, the storyline, it just all works together and the images are just so nice. What is your favorite Disney movie? There are just so many to pick from, it is a hard question to answer for sure! In fact, if I had been asked this question growing up my answer would have been Sleeping Beauty, I saw it probably 50 times!

EDITED TO ADD: It seems that Anastasia is not a Disney movie, I had no idea! Which means I refer back to my previous statement about Sleeping Beauty being my favorite :)
Here is the full Blog Hop line up, so you don't get lost along the way!
SSD
Ruza
Soma
Rebecca
Mary
Kathy
Starla
Jackie (you are here!)
Regan
Lori
Karen
Debbie
Jenn August Guest DT
Christine
Kate
Shari
Jamie
Rachelle
Christy
Jovan
Sara
Julie
Kim
SSD

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you enjoyed what I shared with everyone. Your next stop on today's hop is to Regan's Blog, I just know she will have something amazing to share! Enjoy your weekend and the rest of the hop!
Stamps: Malecificant from Sassy Studio Designs; Paper: Whisper White, Gray, Green, Teresa Collins Haunted Hallows DP; Ink: N3 Neutral Gray No. 3, N5 Neutral Gray No. 5, Y17 Golden Yellow, R17 Lipstick Orange, YG11 Mignonette, BV01 Violet, YR0000 Pale Chiffon; Accessories: Nestabilities Labels, Pop Dots, Two Toned Sheer Ribbon, Self Adhesive Rhinestones

29 comments:

Kate said...

Wow so pretty. Love the shadowing around her. I also love Anastasia, unfortunately not a Disney Movie :(. I have those songs memorized so beautiful

knitmachinequeen (KMQ) said...

OMG. The spider paper is just perfect!

Sarah said...

Wow on this card, you did a great job coloring the image and I like that slightly green light that you have around her.
~Sarah

Intruderlady said...

Love your card. Great coloring and the spider paper is just awesome.

Hugs,
Kitty

Anonymous said...

Anastasia wasn't but Fantasia was & maybe that is what you meant. There are so many great Disney movies. I loved them all as kids & now love watching them with the grandkids. I loved "That Darn Cat". I liked the ones that had real actors in them. Things like "Mary Poppins". The music in those were fun. I love your card & I love the sentiment & the fact you took it out of the movie. :)

Julie said...

Very pretty. Love that grean shadow around her
Hugs,
Julie

Marimer said...

Me encanta el conjunto de todo, super bien coordinado.
Besitos.

Sara said...

Love her with green Jackie, and that spider paper is so cool!

Bubleeing Colors said...

Gorgeous card I love that image and your beautiful colour choice!!!!!

Kim Kelley said...

I love the spider paper...and that sentiment I can hear in my head! LOL Your card turned out beautiful! HUGS

Star said...

Fabulous!! I love your papers, and your coloring is lovely.

Jovan said...

Wonderful card...I love the colors!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous! Love the spider DP, and your coloring! ;o)

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card! this is fantastic!!

Kathy said...

This came out great Jackie. Pretty coloring and so fun that you came up with a good sentiment. Great card.

karalschuknecht said...

I love your version, it works so well together.

Robin said...

Lovely card. So pretty. Anastasia is my fave too. Hugs, Robin

Lori aka lorib117 said...

Jackie, beautifully done! I love you coloring and that spider paper is really cool. Great quote from the movie.

-Lori SSD DT

Rhonda Miller said...

What a gorgeous card.

stampingtink said...

Gorgeous card! Love the papers and your coloring is beautiful!

BreAnn said...

I love your card, Jackie! The colors and the spider paper are great, and the green glow around the image is so perfect for the character! Thank you for sharing!

Anonymous said...

Amazing card!! I love how you added the green highlight around the image!! Awesome sentiment as well! Great job!

Regan said...

Gorgeous, Jackie! Love your coloring and the stippling around the image! Perfect sentiment! And that spider paper gives me the creepy crawlies! lol Fantastic card! :)
{hugs}
Regan

Sonia said...

Hi!
Love you the shadow around her body and you do a make-up especially around the eyes, more realistic.. look great.
Absolutely Beautiful creation.
-Sony
sonia-studio60.blogspot.com

Patti L said...

Love that green behind her - looks like fog and the spider paper is great with her.

Debbie said...

Jackie, I so love the spot dots around her, it really sets off her evilness!

DebbieM

Felicia - Scrapper in the Making said...

Great card. Love the glowing highlights around her. Smooches...

Jamie said...

Love the card and the spider paper as well as your coloring.

Anonymous said...

Great article, totally what I needed.

Feel free to visit my website :: torontowinetasting.com

Blog Widget by LinkWithin