Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Inky Impressions Gets Sketchy!

Good morning all! Today I get to share with you the card I created for the new Inky Impressions Challenge! This week Michaela is our challenge host at the Inky Impressions Challenge Blog, and her challenge to use the following sketch!Today the Inky Impressions Design Team will be sharing our creations for the current Inky Impressions Challenge! For my card today I decided to ink up Shy Little Nickie. I just love how elegant this stamp is and I wanted the rest of the card to reflect that so I went with a teal on teal color combination that I used this weekend and really liked. I used the same Kaiser Scrapbook Spirograph designer paper and again pulled shades of the designer paper into the main image.

I love all the layers that Michaela used in her sketch, it really was a wonderful sketch to follow for this weeks Inky Impressions Challenge! For the scalloped element I used my eyelet border punch and tied some matching satin ribbon I have around the element and finished it off with a big bow. I then added some self adhesive rhinestones to the top right corner as in the sketch, what a simple but fun way to complete a corner. I had the hardest time trying to decide what sort of elements to use in the bottom right hand corner of the card to reflect the sketch. I finally decided on using some Prima flowers that I have and adding some rhinestones to the flower centers to finish it off.

I hope you like my take on the current Inky Impressions Challenge, be sure to join in on all the fun over at the Inky Impressions Challenge Blog and see what the rest of the Inklettes have created, they are sure to impress! I can’t wait to see what you create! Have a wonderful day all!

This card was entered into the following challenges: Everybody Art Challenge - Flowers; Flourishes - Anything Goes; Crazy Challenge - Anything Goes; Simon Says - Anything Goes.
Stamps: Shy Little Nickie from Inky Impressions; Paper: Whisper White, Aqua Mist, Bermuda Breeze, Kaiser Scrapbook Spirograph DP; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, E00 Skin White, Y11 Pale Yellow, N3 Neutral Gray No. 3, G14 Green Apple, G000 Pale Green, BG13 Mint Green, RV02 Sugared Almond Pink, E43 Dull Ivory; Accessories: Pop Dots, Scalloped and Regular Circle Nestabilities, Self Adhesive Rhinestones, Satin Ribbon, Eyelet Border Punch, Prima Flowers

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh this is so precious girl!! LOVE your beautiful colors and you've done a brilliant job with the sketch!!! :)

Delia said...

gorgeous card!!

Danni said...

Very pretty! I like the colors you used on this, so nice!

Rony said...

WOW that is stunning! I love blue!

Thanks for joining us on The Crazy Challenge this week!

Nancy said...

Lovely!!

Thank you for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp & Show Challenge!

Jenny said...

A gorgeous card using a lovely colour combo and cute image.
Thanks for joining EAC.
Jenny

Betty Wright said...

So adorable! Love the monochromatic color feel and pattern! Thanks so much for playing Flourishes FTTC Challenge!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin