Saturday, March 8, 2008

Its Raining....It Pouring....

the old man is old....LOL

Two weeks ago we had a 50th Birtday Party to go to and my Dad was in charage of getting the gift and card. Now, the birtyday boy requested that we bring food for the mission that he can donate, so my Mom got together lots of things for the mission. Thus of course leaving my Dad with the daunting task of getting a card for his long time friend. Needless to say 15 minutes, and I mean 15 minutes, before we are supposed to be there he asks if I have a card he can use. Now, I always have cards, piles and piles of cards as many card makers do, but I did not have any guy birthday cards! So what did I do? I made one! Thats right, in under 15 minutes I created a fun birthday card which the birthday boy laughed about for many time to come. I knew what I had to do, I ran to my stamps and found my Gina K. 'You Know Your Old When...' set, it was prefect! I picked a color, some paper, the wonderful sentiments and colored a fun party guy for the card front. Inside the sentiment reads 'when the hair in your ears is longer than the hair on your head'.....he loved it! Out of all the cards that he received he kept showing people my quick creation, and I am happy to say that it brought a smile to may faces that night!

5 comments:

Laura lok said...

great creation sometimes our quickest to become our best

Joani McDonald said...

Those stamps are so cute! I love the little old"er" people. Great work!
Hugs,
Joani

Tracy said...

Great card.

Sarah/WAstamper said...

Way to go, Jackie! Great story!

Mindy said...

I saw this post days ago and forgot to come back and comment. I just LOVE that old timer! You did a FANASTIC job for a ten minute card. I couldn't get an IDEA in ten minutes muchless an entire cared created:) Keep it up and thanks for sharing!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin