Saturday, October 11, 2008

Gina K Time!

With the latest Gina K Stamps release their wonderful design team posted three challenges. I was able to get all three challenges completed in time and they were so much fun! So I thought today (since I just got my new Gina K Stamps) I would share with you all three of my creations, so here we go! The first challenge was hosted by Joanne, we had to take her card and use the layout as our sketch. I just had to sit down and give it a try, the sketch was just too cute to ignore. So I pulled out my stamps and nestabilities and got to work!The second challenge was to use the colors red and white with a third color of our choice. Since the first card was a winter theme, I thought I should continue on the theme for all three challenges so I added green to the red and white. I decided to use my super cute Sandy Claws stamp and I was thrilled with the results.The last challenge was to use a new technique where you take glossy paper and run it through your cuttlebug then use ink and a brayer to bring out the texture of the embossed paper. I love the results! I decided to pull out my Snow Dots folder and flip the embossed part, so what is typically above, is actually below, giving this card a different look. Hope you enjoy my creations for today, and don't worry I have all sorts of cards to share!
First Card - Stamps: Got Snow? from Gina K Stamps; Paper: Whisper White, Aqua Mist; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, B12 Ice Blue, B21 Baby Blue, BG10 Cool Shadow, C1 cool grey no. 1, E00 Skin White, G000 Pale Green, G00 Jade Green; Accessories: May Arts Satin Ribbon, Circle Nestabilities

Second Card - Stamps: Sandy Claws; Paper: Pure Poppy, Whisper White, Spring Moss; Ink: C1 Cool Grey No 1, R14 Light Prawn, R37 Cadmium Red; Accessories: Snowflakes CB embossing folder

Third Card - Stamps: Sandy Claws; Paper: Ballet Blue, Glossy CS, Whisper White; Ink: Ballet Blue, B21 Baby Blue, C1 Cool Grey No. 1, Y17 Golden Yellow; Accessories: Snow Dots CB Embossing Folder, Brayer, Snowflake Brad

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I just love your crab in the sleigh card! Your blog ROCKS!!! Congrats on being featured on GinaK's blog today - how fun!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin