Sunday, September 11, 2011

Remembering 9-11

I can still not believe that it has been 10 years since the attack happened on the World Trade Center. Were you ever there? Did you get the privileged to enjoy the New York City skyline from the observation deck in the Twin Towers? I did get such a chance when I was in middle school with one of the volunteer groups I was a part of, I don't recall specifics but I remember looking out over the city and being amazed at everything around me. I went back many times after that trip but never again went inside the towers. Since the attacks I have been to that spot of downtown more times then I can count, I have seen it destroyed, I have seen it being built back up, and I can not wait to see it in the glory that it will be, a memorial for such a tragic event.

Today marks 10 years, and Bugaboo Stamps is honoring today with a freebie image, I think Jodie did a stunning job on this image. I think it says a lot in just a few lines and I hope that no matter what happens, you never forget those that fell that day and those that took it upon themselves to save others and help in any way they could.

Thank you for stopping by today, I hope you remember, I know I always will.
Stamps: 9 11 Design from Bugaboo Stamps; Paper: Whisper White, Real Red, Bright Blue, Silver, Bo Bunny Liberty Collection DP; Ink: N3 Neutral Gray No. 3, N5 Neutral Gray No. 5, R27 Cadmium Red, B05 Process Blue; Accessories: Pop Dots, Grosgrain Ribbon, Star Rhinestones

1 comment:

Tammy Miller said...

what a great card and a touching post!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin