Monday, February 22, 2010

Paper Pieced Dance!

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend, I know I did! I got the chance to work on a bunch of cards and today I thought I would share with you the card I created for one of the ladies I work with. One of the secretaries in the office celebrates their birthday this week, and I have two different people I work with asking for some fun birthday cards. For this one she wanted something classy, sort of party girl, and fun so I pulled out my Dance the Night Away set from My Favorite Things!

I also wanted to use purple as my main color since I know that she really likes purple, so I used this lavender lace cardstock and this fabulous DP from Wisteria Paper Pad from Basic Grey. Since I was taking the time to create another card I decided that I would use the chance to play along with a challenge that I saw Joanne post earlier this week in celebration of her Blogaversary! The challenged she issued to use paper piecing, which I thought would be perfect for this birthday card anyway, so why not give it a shot and play along! I hope you like this one, it has a lot of layers to the base, not as many as I usually use in one card but I thought it seemed fitting some how. Enjoy your week!
Stamps: Dance the Night Away from My Favorite Things; Paper: Rustic Cream, Lavender Lace, Basic Grey Wisteria DP, Basic Black; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, C1 Cool Grey No. 1, E42 Sand White, E43 Dull Ivory, V06 Lavender; Accessories: Pop Dots, Kaiser Self Adhesive Rhinestones, Satin Ribbon

6 comments:

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh she is so pretty!!

Beth aka BR-T said...

I think this is fabulous I love paper piecing it's my favorite technique ever! Beth

Unknown said...

Jackie! What a beautiful card! Congratulations - your adorable card is being featured today on the MFT Blog as part of Our Favorite Finds!!

Jody Morrow said...

So pretty!

Jana Weaver said...

way to go gf...this card is gorgeous!!!

Chris said...

I liked this even before I knew it was yours. I love that dress, and you paper piecing is excellent.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin