Monday, September 28, 2009

Some Sketching!

If you read my posts then you know that I love a good sketch challenge so for today I thought I would share with you two sketches I created cards for recently, both of which happen to be from My Favorite Things! For my first card I wanted to share with you this fun Tea Time creation I made for the My Favorite Things MFTSC99 last week, I liked how the main image was supposed to pop over the rest of the card, it gives the card a different look.I was thrilled when I got the chance to create a fun card for this one! I decided that Tea was the way to go, and when I think tea I think of a simple and distressed look. I set about adding some paper piecing and some rough edges plus lots of layers! I then added two different ribbons, one yellow twill and one scalloped trim to create a different kind of look. Lastly, I added some bling in the right corner, I know its a bit hard to see in this picture, but the color matches the darker color in the background paper and paper pieced area. I hope you enjoy my take on the sketch!The above sketch I really, really liked, not only was it another wonderful My Favorite Things Sketch, but it was also their 100th sketch so I just had to play along! I love the layout on this one, it looked like it was going to be a lot of fun to try and of course I wanted to use one of the stamp sets I had yet to ink up so for this sketch I selected I {heart} Books! To be honest, I truly do {heart} books, I am constantly reading something, and right now I finished all the books I have, eek! So trust me a visit to the library will be happening shortly. I decided that this sketch would look nice in shades of blue which would make it perfect for a guy card, hope you enjoy this one, I like the final look. Hope you enjoyed my sketch inspired cards for today! Have a wonderful Monday all!
MFTSC99- Stamps: Coffee? Tea? from My Favorite Things; Paper: Whisper White, Dark Chocolate, Pebbles Linnie Bell DP; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, E00 Skin White, E33 Sand, R27 Cadmium Red; Accessories: Kaiser Self Adhesive Red Wine Rhinestones, Yellow Twill, Scalloped Edge Trim
MFTSC100- Stamps: I {heart} Books from My Favorite Things; Paper: Whisper White, Enchanted Evening, Spring Rain, Pacific Point DP; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, B24 Sky, B39 Prussian Blue, B95 Light Grayish Cobalt, E00 Skin White, E55 Light Caramel, N1 Neutral Grey No. 1, N3 Neutral Grey No. 3; Accessories: Dark Blue Grosgrain Ribbon, Blue Kaiser Self Adhesive Rhinestones, Pop Dots, SU Scalloped Oval Punch, SU Large Oval Punch

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin