Thursday, September 24, 2009

Farm Fresh Friday

Hello all! I thought for today I would share with you the card I created for this past week's issued Farm Fresh Friday challenge over at The Greeting Farm! I have been adding these challenges to my list to complete every week, but it always seems like the deadline arrives and no card is created! So when I got the chance to play along on Sunday evening I was thrilled! This week's challenge was to create a card using embossing in some way, so I got to work on just that! I used the cutie Wild Sprout Edward to create this grey and red card! I first heat embossed Edward so that he would pop out on the paper, then I ran a sheet of Going Grey cardstock through my Cuttlebug and Embossing folder to create this fun textured background.

Then had to add more, it just needed more, so I used on Candy Lane DP in the background on a smaller piece of paper and layered the dry embossed piece over that. I am loving how all these layers came out, it looks a lot better then I thought it would...lol....Then of course it was time to pull out the embellishments! I decided that Edward needed some matching ribbon so I pulled out my PTI Satin Dotted ribbon and created this cute little bow. This bow in particular is created separately then attached to the strip of ribbon on the paper piece by a glue dot, one way to get the perfect looking bow! I also grabbed my silver nail heads, I love these things, and I think it really pulls the whole card together! Hope you liked today's card! Have a great day!
Stamps: Edward from The Greeting Farm; Paper: Whisper White, Pure Poppy, Going Grey, Candy Lane DP; Ink: Versamark, C5 Cool Grey No. 5, Cool Grey No. 7, E00 Skin White, R29 Lipstick Red, Y13 Lemon Yellow, Y15 Cadmium Yellow; Accessories: Argyle Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Pop Dots, Silver Nail Heads, Pure Poppy Dotted Satin Ribbon, Black Embossing Powder

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin