Sunday, April 26, 2009

SheetLoads DT 'Interview'

As most of you know my favorite type of challenge is a sketch challenge and one of the places I look to for great sketches is SheetLoad of Cards. I heard about this fabulous digital magazine when Paper Pretties sponsored the December issue and since then I have followed not only the month issues, but also the great blog. The best part about this E-Zine is that not only do they supply some amazing samples, but they also tell you the dimensions to create actual sheet loads of card, how great is that?! Recently they posted a Design Team call and I thought I would apply, so this is my 'interview post'. For my 'interview' I get the chance to share with you three cards and one beyond the card creation based off one of the past or present sketches. I decided to use the current April issue as my inspiration, I really loved the layering on this sketch and was happy to give it a try. I was asked by a friend at work to create eight Mother's Day cards for him to give to his friends and family, so I thought this 'interview' would be the perfect time to create some of these cards. The first card I created with this sketch was this super cute vase full of flowers stamp from the Gina K stamp set Friendship Blooms, and since I was going with a Mother's Day theme I decided that pink and red was the way to go. I pulled out my Koh-I-Noor woodless color pencils and gemasol for a really simple but elegant water colored look. I used two different decorative papers the red dotted paper is called Bitty Dots from PTI and the second is one of my favorite lines of designer paper from SU! called Bella Rose. For this card I followed the sketch point by point, a little afraid to think outside of the box on this one, but I took some more risks as my cards continued. Of course a 'Happy Mother's Day' sentiment from the Gina K stamp set Kindred Greetings For Her which I think was the perfect way to complete the card.
The second card I created uses the Gina K stamp set Take Flight with the matching colors of white, blue, and a bit of purple. I really love the results on this card, I once again use my woodless colored pencils from Koh-I-Noor and gemasol and paired it with Pacific Point and Whisper White cardstock. I had a bit of a challenge finding just the right background paper for this card, but I ended up using some Pink Flamingo DP from SU!. Then for a finishing touch I added lots of little crystals called Tiny Twinklets and some shimmery flowers from the bridal section in Michael's. Then of course the sentiment to complete the card, I once again used the 'Happy Mother's Day' sentiment from the Gina K stamp set Kindred Greetings For Her.For my third card I used this cute bouquet of flowers from the Taylored Expressions set called Fresh Flowers, this was my first time using this set and I really liked the results I got. Last month I joined their new Key Ingredients Subscription Service, each month a kit complete with everything you need to make at least 16 cards shows up, so I thought it was the perfect way to create some fun cards. I picked this super cute floral decorative paper and two matching papers from the kit, a light coral and a darker tone of coral. I also decided to use some of the satin ribbon that came with the kit, I love the dark shade of red, it goes perfectly with the background paper. Then to finish off the card I used the sentiment from the again from the Fresh Flowers stamp set plus some more Tiny Twinklets in the corners.For my last creation we had to make a 'Beyond the Card' project, I wasn't sure what to make, and then I found my DVD tins! After seeing my DVD tins I decided to create a DVD Tin Scrapbook, the perfect gift for Mom on Mother's Day! Plus, since I love the Bella Rose DP from SU! I decided to use it for my main paper. I love the look inside this adorable DVD tin, I lined the inside with the rose print of the Bella Rose DP. If have never made one of these little DVD Tin scrapbooks you really should, they are super simple and the end result is a lot of fun. For the outside of the tin I selected Pure Poppy and Certainly Celery to match the fun decorative paper! I used this beautiful Rose image from the Gina K stamp set called Spring Blooms, I love how elegant it looks, perfect for this DP, plus once again an amazing sentiement from Kindred Greetings For Her.

I hope you liked my creations, I had a lot of fun working with this sketch. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday, and if you haven't taken the time to visit SheetLoad of Cards, what are you waiting for?!
Card #1 - Stamps: Kindred Greetings For Her and Friendship Blooms from Gina K Stamps; Paper: Whisper White, Pure Poppy, Pink Pirouette, Bitty Dots DP from PaperTrey Ink, SU! Bella Rose DP; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Koh-I-Noor Woodless Colored Pencils, Gemasol, EK Success Corner Rounder, Tiny Twinklets, Pop Dots, Quickie Glue Pen
Card #2 - Stamps: Kindred Greetings For Her and Take Flight from Gina K Stamps; Paper: Whisper White, Pacific Point, SU! Pink Flamingo DP; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Accessories: Pop Dots, Tiny Twinklets, Quickie Glue Pen, Blue Bridal Flowers
Card #3 - Stamps: Fresh Flowers from Taylored Expressions; Paper: Whisper White, Light Coral, Dark Coral, Spring DP; Ink: Memento
Tuxedo Black, BG18 Teal Blue, G17 Forest Green, R08 Vermilion, R22 Light Prawn, Y11 Pale Yellow, YR61 Yellowish Skin Pink; Accessories: Pop Dots, Quickie Glue Pen, Tiny Twinklets, Satin Ribbon
Beyond the Card - Stamps: Kindred Greetings For Her and Spring Blooms from Gina K Stamps; Paper: Whisper White, Pure Poppy, Certainly Celery, SU! Bella Rose DP; Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, G24 Willow, R22 Light Prawn, R37 Carmine, Pure Poppy ; Accessories: DVD Tin, Sticky Strip, Tiny Twinklets, May Arts Ribbon, Quickie Glue Pen, Pop Dots, EK Success Corner Rounder, 1/8" Hole Punch, Red Brad

3 comments:

Joy said...

gorgeous cards Jackie!

Cheryl Walker said...

Jackie, I love them all, and that tin is sooo pretty!!! Hope you make the DT call. And wow eight card for one person, they must have a big and close family. Wish all mine were here !!! Anyways hun goood luck to you!!! I love my bittyblooms tooo, thank you again for all my wonderful goodies hun!!!! Love your blog as well :)

Have a wonderful day!!!

Hugs,
Cheryl

Christi Flores said...

Wow! Gorgeous cards!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin