Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Time to Celebrate

Good morning everyone! Another birthday is coming up at work, tomorrow in fact, and I was once again asked to create a birthday card for the occasion. In fact, almost once a week now I have a coworker come up to me asking for a card of some sort. So how do I decide what to create? I start with the basics, what colors, what sorts of sentiment, any particular image. Sometimes these questions help and other times it seems to confuse people, so I now send them either to my blog for them to browse or a link to my SCS gallery. For today's card one of the secretaries are turning 60 tomorrow and I was asked to create a red, white, and black card. I was also asked to use the image from my My Favorite Things stamp set Pamper Yourself, unfortunately I can't find that set! So I went searching through my other stamps and decided that although this wasn't the image I had intended to use, nor the sentiment, it would completely work! So this cute set finally got some ink, and since it was a big birthday I had to make it dressy.

Hope you like today's creation and be sure to come back here tomorrow, not only is it Paper Pretties Design Team Challenge time, but tomorrow also kicks off the Sneak Peeks from the August stamp release at Paper Pretties! Here is the release information:

On Saturday, August 1st Paper Pretties will be having their monthly Stampin In Your Jammies party! The party starts at 8pm EST and will last until 10pm. We will be having three challenges, so be sure to come and play along! Besides the challenges, chatter, and all around fun, we will also be releasing two new sets, Aloha Sophia to the public, and introducing our new Stamp Of The Month. Sneak peeks start on Wednesday July 29th!! Hope to see you there!!

You do not want to miss a second of these great stamps! Have a great day!
Stamps: Putin' on the Glitz from My Favorite Things; Paper: Whisper White, True Black, Pure Poppy, PTI Bitty Dots DP; Ink" Memento Tuxedo Black, E00 Skin White, E55 Light Caramel, R29 Lipstick Red; Accessories: Pop Dots, May Arts Ribbon, Self Adhesive Pearls

2 comments:

Unknown said...

happy birthday! my panda fanatic roommate got a Morn Creations bag as birthday gift.
she is just thrilled with it!
hkpanda.freetzi.com
Flor (floreshayes@gmail.com)

Jessie/knightrone said...

She is too cute!! Love it!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin