Saturday, December 8, 2007

Bell at the Bella Ball

Now is that a title or what?! Last night was the celebration of Stamping Bella being around for a year already! I still can't believe it has been that long since those wonderful ladies sucked me into their world....ummm...I meant started arriving at my door step! There was Bella reveals, which if you haven't seen stop reading this post and check out the wondrous new Bellas over at Stamping Bella. There was seven different challenges posted by a great group of hosts, in fact Gina stopped by to give away some Bellas and host a challenge as well! Thank you to everyone who put this wonderful night together, I had a blast! So on to the cards....
The first challenge was to create a tri-fold card, which I haven't done in a while, but I had a blast! I pulled out my Copics (which I used all night!) and started coloring away. This decorative paper I made about a month ago when I first received my PaperTrey stamps, so I thought I would give it another go, and I think it really works with this Huggybella image.
Next came the first of several sketch challenges, this one was fun to make. A little different...I couldn't decide what color to make her hair so I just didn't color it in....take that. LOLAnother sketch challenge where I decided to go for the purple look. To be honest I don't seem to use the colors purple very often, so it was a bit of a challenge to come up with something, but I think it worked out for the best. I really like my Daintybella, she was the first bella I received which came to my door step from PaperPretties, that was the beginning of the end....now I have at least 45 Bellas.....The next one turned out pretty conservative, considering the challenge was to go wild. I used my glitter copic markers which I ado even more than my Copic themselves! I have had this flower sitting on my desk ready to be used for a few weeks, and I thought it would be the perfect touch that this card needed.About a month ago the wonderful KelliJo sent this cute "non-bella" Bella stamp my way, it was in my cart waiting to be bought, but she thought hers needed a new home. So Christini has come to stay! Last night was the first time I inked it up, and although I have mixed feeling about the final card, I think it was a lot of fun to colors in and explore.

The last card and last challenge...Gina hosted a sketch challenge to end the night and I loved her sketch. It seems that through most of the night I was using diagonals, so what better way to end then with a sketch that comes with it own diagonals! Gina's example was stunning, I wasn't sure if I could come close to living up to her standards, but I think this card speaks for itself. It is fun and I just love it, the colors turned out great together and the sentiment just topped it off. Thank you creating such a wonderful challenge Gina!

I hope you all had as much fun as I did last night, the Bella Ball was a success!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Copic glitter markers???????????? Oh my where did these come from? Love all your projects for the Bella Ball. I am still working on mine.

Louise F NZ said...

Your bellas are fantastic!! I hope you had a great time at the ball, and I am looking forward to being your "blogging Sister".
Lou

Blog Widget by LinkWithin