Friday, June 10, 2011

A Bit of Whimsy Mojo

Good morning all! Today I am sharing with you a card I made using one of the newly release Whimsy and Stars Studio spring images! This cutie is called Rosie Ballerina! It's just such a sweet image that it just makes me smile, oh heck they all make me smile!
I have a blast each time I sit down and color in one of Mabelle's images, each image is so detailed and fun to work with. For this image I wanted to play along with the current Mojo Monday challenge! I think that this sketch is pretty neat, I liked the idea of using strips of paper to make the background for my card, so I pulled out a bunch of scraps from a handful of my recent cards and added one more pattern to get the background. I really like how the dots worked so well with both this image and the flowers in the pattern I added from the same designer paper pad. I almost didn't add the ribbon since I couldn't find one ribbon I felt like worked, but as I was taking my photo I spied this stitched ribbon and adjusted the card to add it in, now I am glad I did so.

Have you checked out the Whimsy and Stars Studio Store yet? Well if you haven't, what are you waiting for! You are going to love these fun images, they all make me smile, I know they will do the same for you! I hope you have a wonderful day!
Stamps: Rosie Ballerina from Whimsy and Stars Studio; Paper: Whisper White, Simply Chertruce, Razzleberry Fizz, Pretty In Pink, My Mind's Eye Lime Twist Happy Go Lucky DP; Ink: E23 Hazelnut, RV55 Hollyhock, R81, Rose Pink, YG07 Acid Green; Accessories: Pop Dots, Scalloped and Regular Circle Nestabilties, Stitched Ribbon, Scalloped Border Punch

3 comments:

tiffelijah said...

I sooooo loe the bright colors in this card. It caught my eye while I was scanning the cards. great job its beautiful!

Danni said...

This is just too cute!!

Angela K said...

So very CUTE!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin